12 steps - DAA Sweden
Go to content
PDF list of meetings
Start a meeting
Here are the steps we took, which are suggested as a program of recovery.
1. We admitted we were powerless over narcotics and all other mind altering
substances - that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God
as we understood Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends
to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so
would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God
as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us
and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry
this message to drug addicts and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Reproduced and adapted with permission from AA World Services, Inc.
General Site Map
Back to content
Back to main menu